The “Pay it Forward” program assists families and children who find themselves in a time of need or unable to pay for something that would improve their circumstance. Residents of New Hanover, Pender, Columbus, Duplin, and Brunswick county are eligible to apply.
S.H.A.R.E. reviews each case individually and applications are approved based on availability of funds and merit. In exchange, S.H.A.R.E. asks the applicants who receive aid to “pay it forward”. These activities are specifically chosen to match the applicants situation and life. For example, an applicant who has a child with epilepsy may volunteer to raise awareness during the month of November – Epilepsy Awareness Month by distributing fliers in our community. S.H.A.R.E. works to make each activity meaningful to the family and the community.
We hope to make a difference in not just one family or individual but a community as a whole.
- Application process for individuals with specific needs.
- Reciprocation of the in kind gesture (non-monetary) is determined on an individual basis.
- Funding provided for a wide range of needs.
- Approved by the board.
We are dedicated to changing the lives of young children and assisting their parents in providing the most loving and supportive family environment possible. We would like to provide some hope, joy and empowerment to children and their families who are facing difficult circumstances. Below is an explanation of the criteria to be considered for assistance:
- Applicants have a financial need for a necessary provision in the child’s life.
- Applicant can demonstrate strong involvement in child’s life and family life.
- Applicant is willing to give back to others, to carry on the spirit of giving in the community, or willing to carry out a simple act that improves the well being of their own family. Every case will be examined individually in order to decide upon an appropriate activity.
- Applicant will provide written evidence of the completion of the activity within 6 weeks of the receipt of the scholarship and is to be followed by the person who referred them for this application.
Please note all applications MUST be completed online, applications will not be taken over the telephone and calls will not be returned regarding applications. We are a small (2-4) volunteer based organization. All applications must be completed by a human service worker. For example, a therapist, a case manager, a teacher, a principle, or a pastor. We hope you understand this change helps
us process applications much more efficiently and help more people in need. If you have any questions please feel free to use our contact page or the email below.
Those looking to help further S.H.A.R.E. programs may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or see our contact us page for further info.