Join us for our Annual S.H.A.R.E. King Mackerel Tournament!
1. Entry fees are $325 per boat if entered on or before July 31th, 2020. After July 31th the fee will be $400 per boat. Deadline for entries will be 11:59
p.m. on Friday August 7th, 2020.
2. The S.H.A.R.E. KMT is a charity driven event operated and funded solely by its sponsors and volunteers.
3. The first place overall prize of $35,000 is guaranteed based on one (1) paid entry. All TWT monies collected will be redistributed in the following manner:
• 15% of all TWT monies collected will be donated to S.H.A.R.E. The remaining balance will be paid 50% 1st, 30% 2nd, 20% 3rd to the winning TWT participants.
• If the event draws fewer than 100 paid entries all primary prizes, excluding 1st place overall, and all secondary prizes, excluding TWT’s, will be prorated based on the advertised pay scale.
4. This is a two day/two fish aggregate tournament. Teams will have two days (Saturday August 8th & Sunday August 9th) in which they will be allowed
to weigh two king mackerel per day. The Team’s two biggest fish of the two fishing days will be used to calculate their aggregate weight.
5. All primary and secondary prizes (excluding Daily Big Fish, Dolphin and Amberjack TWT’s) will be based on the largest aggregate weight consisting
of no more than two king mackerel per prize. Big fish TWT will be based on a team’s single largest king mackerel weighed over the course of the
entire event. Dolphin and amberjack TWT’s will be based on the single largest fish for each species weighed over the course of the entire event.
You may weigh one fish per day for the dolphin and AJ TWT’s, but only the single largest fish for each species will be counted towards the TWT.
6. Teams can register online at www.sharenc.org with entry fees being collected by PayPal (When using PayPal a 2.9% donation will be added to
the total), or by mailing their completed registration forms along with a check for their entry fees made payable to:
S.H.A.R.E. • 308 Grovediere Lane • Hampstead, NC 28443
7. Scheduled registration time will be 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.on Friday August 7th at Dockside Restaurant in Wrightsville Beach. The captain’s meeting will be held on Friday August 7th at 7 p.m. also at Dockside Restaurant in Wrightsville Beach.
8. This is a NO CHECKOUT event. No lines in before 7:00 a.m. GPS time. This includes jigging bait but does not include cast netting bait. There will
be an official check-in. There will be check-in boats at the north and south ends of the Wrightsville Beach no-wake zone. Boats that do not have
a fish to weigh are not required to check in.
9. BOUNDARIES: Teams must be West of GPS line 76 30 00 and East of GPS line 78 33 00. (Cape Lookout to Little River)
10. A boat is eligible to win only one primary prize but is eligible to win more than one secondary prize. Secondary prizes are defined as all TWT’s, as
well as lady, senior and junior angler prizes.1st thru 15th overall, the small boat class and the single engine category are classified as primary prizes.
11. An individual boat may only register ONCE for this event. A participant can only be registered as the captain ONCE within the competition.
12. To be eligible for lady and junior angler prizes, the lady and/or junior angler must be on board and participate in the catching of the fish. This
includes, but is not limited to any one of the following: fighting the fish, gaffing, driving the boat, clearing lines, making sandwiches, etc. Junior
anglers must be 16 years of age or younger on tournament day. Lady anglers must be 17 years of age or older on tournament day. Senior anglers
must be 65 years of age or older on tournament day.
13. King mackerel (scomberomorus cavalla) are the only eligible species for primary prizes. All fish must be caught on rod and reel during tournament
hours and must not be mutilated. Mutilation is defined as any injury which inhibits the fish’s ability to fight. Only hook and gaff holes are acceptable.
14. The tournament will monitor VHF channel 72.
15. Scales open at 3 p.m. each day at Dockside Marina in Wrightsville Beach. No weigh-ins will be allowed before this time. Boats must check in by
displaying their boat number to one of the check-in boats and must be physically past the check-in boat no later than 5 p.m. on each day of competition.
16. Boats are to proceed in an orderly fashion to weigh station. One member of the crew must remain with the fish to verify weigh-ins and to sign their
weigh-in receipts. Boats will not be tied up in the designated off-loading areas and crew must depart immediately after off-loading fish.
17. No replacement boats may be entered without clearance from the Tournament Committee. A replacement boat will NOT be authorized after
tournament fishing hours have begun on EACH eligible fishing day.
18. Teams may fish no more than SIX (6) lines at any given time during tournament hours. Every fish weighed must adhere to all state and federal
regulations to be eligible for winnings in this tournament. This includes possession of a valid NC saltwater fishing license.
19. A total of four (4) king mackerel may be weighed per boat over the course of the event and only the top two king mackerel will be counted towards
all primary and secondary prizes (excluding dolphin and amberjack TWT’s if applicable).
20. The Team TWT is a winner take all category. This category will consist of no more AND no less than three (3) individual boats per team. You
MUST have three boats to enter this TWT. The weight of the single largest fish caught over the course of the event from EACH boat within your
team will be counted and combined to form a three (3) fish aggregate weight. The single largest three fish aggregate per team of three boats will
win 85% of the total prize pool minus 15% to be donated to the S.H.A.R.E. Foundation. In the event of a tie in this category, the single largest fish
per aggregate will be used to break the tie, if a tie still exists then the first to be weighed of the single largest fish will be used as the tiebreaker.
21. All fish to be weighed must be offloaded from the boat on which they were caught. The boat must be unassisted and operational on its own power.
A representative from the team must accompany the fish to the scales.
22. Two or more boats seen congregating during competition hours will be disqualified from competition. Participants may not pass anything between
boats for any reason. However, in the interest of safety, one boat may give aid to another, but must notify the tournament committee and receive
prior approval from the tournament committee.
23. All boats must meet USCG and NC safety requirements to be eligible for this event. An EPIRB or PLB is recommended but NOT REQUIRED to
fish this event.
24. No overland transport of fish to the weigh station will be allowed.
25. A boat may not make landfall during tournament competition hours. If a team wishes to drop off a crew member on land before weighing-in, they
may do so providing crew members exit only and do not remove or add any items from the vessel and the vessel does not make landfall. In the event of bad weather and safety is a concern please check tournament page for any and all updates.
26. In the event the tournament is postponed due to circumstances beyond our control, all entry fees and TWT’s are non-refundable. In the event the
tournament is cancelled, 100% of the tournament entry fees and 100% of the TWT’s will be refunded.
27. Prizes are awarded on a by-weight basis only. In the aggregate categories, if two identical weights are entered, the single largest fish per aggregate
will be used to break the tie. If a tie still exists, then the first of the single largest fish to be weighed will be used as the tiebreaker. For single big
fish categories, in the event of two identical weights the first fish weighed shall be declared the winner.
28. All fish weighed will become the property of the S.H.A.R.E. KMT. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of all fish collected during this event will be
donated to S.H.A.R.E.
29. Any fish weighed in found to contain lead or any other foreign objects will be subject to disqualification as per the decision of the tournament committee.
30. To be eligible for the small boat class prize, the boat’s length shall be no more than 27’11” LOA. In the event of a protest, we will use the
31. All protests made to the tournament committee must be submitted in writing and must be accompanied by $500 cash. All protests shall be made
no later than one hour after the last fish has been weighed on each weigh-in day. The $500 cash deposit will be returned if the protest is upheld
by the tournament committee. The $500 cash deposit will become property of the tournament committee, if the protest is not upheld. All decisions
of the protest committee will become final.
32. By signing the entry form, the captain, crew etc. consent that the S.H.A.R.E. KMT may use without payment or restrictions any photograph in which he or she appears for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to resale, advertising, commercial, or promotional material.
33. Winning anglers, if directed by the tournament committee, must submit to a polygraph test within 72 hours after the last fish has been weighed. This decision is at the sole discretion of the tournament committee. Should the test be failed or not taken in a timely manner, the tournament committee reserves the right to forfeit all winnings awarded to the winner in question.
34. The tournament has the right to refuse entry from any applicant. In the event that such occurs, 100% of the applicant’s entry fees will be refunded.
35. Violation of any of the tournament rules shall constitute grounds for automatic disqualification for the tournament. The tournament committee shall be the sole judge of any violations of the rules, and their decisions shall be final.
36. Payment of the entry fee constitutes a representation by each entrant that he or she has read and fully understands the Tournament Rules, and that he or she will abide by such rules and the decisions of the Tournament’s Committee and personnel.
37. A sponsor, committee member or tournament official is eligible to fish and win any prize.
38. Any questions not covered in the rules are to be directed to the tournament committee. All decisions made by the tournament committee are final.